New Search X

Aspen Woods Calgary: SW Calgary Real Estate Neighborhood Profile

Posted by Jim Sparrow on Sunday, April 25th, 2010 at 7:08pm.

Aspen Woods, Calgary - SW Calgary Real Estate Neighbourhood Profile

Aspen Woods SW Calgary A few posts ago we wrote about the different resources available to help you find the perfect spot to buy your first (or next) piece of Calgary Real Estate. One of the things we highlighted was that you really need to understand the different neighborhoods and what they have to offer. To help give you a little bit of the 'local flavor' and an idea of what to look for we are going to profile different neighborhoods. So, if you are looking for SW Calgary homes for sale in the SW Calgary Real Estate listings, then you might want to check back here periodically as we profile different SW Calgary neighbourhoods.

Aspen Woods, with its beautiful pastoral settings, was rural farmland area only 20 years ago that has turned into a desirable Calgary suburb. Aspen Woods is a great place to live for those working in corporate Calgary, with downtown just minutes away either via 17th Avenue or Bow Trail.

Often referred to as simply 'Aspen', it is firmly integrated with the neighbourhoods of Strathcona Park and Christie Park with whom they share a community association. Aspen extends west of the Christie and Strathcona neighbourhoods and is a relatively new area, not seeing development until 2001. It is near parks like Glendale and Edworthy as well as the Westside recreation centre. Outdoor activities include: in the summer months, golf at several nearby golf courses and in winter cross country skiing can be found at nearby Bragg Creek or just down the street at Canada Olympic Park.

Mostly a residential neighbourhood, Aspen Woods residents often shop at the Westhills Town Centre, which features a large multi screen theatre and numerous shops. Shopping and dining options include: Roots, Mexx, Jacob, Le Chateau, The Sony Store, Shoppers Drug Mart, Linens & Things, Earl’s, Starbucks, and many others.

Aspen Woods is a small but fast growing community with a population bursting from 280 in 2004 to over 2000 in just 4 years. More than half the population is over age 30 and the median family income is $151,000 making this a more affluent neighbourhood than others (the overall Calgary median family income is $67,000). Aspen Woods is made up of both single family dwellings and condos; single family homes account for 75% of Aspen Woods properties while the remaining 25% are condos and townhouses. A good number of Aspen Woods homes are executive estate homes with relatively higher home prices.

Aspen Woods - a beautiful area to live in SW Calgary. Check out all the SW Calgary homes for sale or view all current Aspen Woods real estate listings

If you're looking to sell or buy, do not hesitate to contact us.

We are prepared to work hard ensuring that your needs are met and that the result is more than you were hoping for. Nothing gives us more pleasure than your success and being with you through major life changes.

2 Responses to "Aspen Woods Calgary: SW Calgary Real Estate Neighborhood Profile"

Shyloh Homes For Sale wrote: Thank you for sharing this! I have been looking for homes for sale in this area and after reading this I have no doubts that this is the place for me! Thank you again!

Posted on Monday, April 4th, 2011 at 12:16pm.

Rebecca Hurst wrote: Thanks for the information! I am also looking at a couple of different homes for sale in that area. There is one that I really like, but it's a little bit out my price range. I really look forward to living there though!

Posted on Monday, November 14th, 2011 at 11:11am.

Leave a Comment